hanashir

[HANASHIR:5174] Kol Hanshemah

I teach music three days a week and have been teaching both the more
traditional version (the one that was recently recorded on the last DF CD)
and a newer version  of Kol Ha-n'shamah.  The version that i most recently
taught starts with shiru and although i am not sure who wrote it the kids
love it (a friend taught it to me)

Anyway, as I was teaching today I was corrected on my hebrew which suprised
me because i assumed it was kol hanishamah both because that was the way it
was taught to me and also because there is the slow version which says the
word "hanshamah" as "hanishamah" ....i looked it up and the person who
corrected me was right.

I felt this need to tell everyone here about this because it is important
that we are teaching the hebrew right and this is something i always heard
wrong.  so the word should be pronounced as it is in the more trad song
"Hallelu" and not in the more modern song "kol Hanishamah"

Any comments to why we have been singing it wrong or if maybe i am really
wrong now would be great.
B'shira v;shalom,
Beth