hanashir

[HANASHIR:5170] Religious school classes at Family Shabbat services

As religious school music teacher I teach each grade level two songs to
sing at one Family Shabbat every year.  Rabbi has asked me for
suggestions on expanding their role in the service (not necessarily
musically) without doing one of those "every kid reads two lines from
the liturgy" type of thing.  What do your congregations do when your
religious school classes participate in a service?

This isn't really a music question though it involves my roles as music
teacher and soloist.  Answer privately if you think that's more
appropriate.  Thanks!
Susan Schanerman
Phoenix