hanashir

[HANASHIR:5128] Re: Jewish Music reference book & text needs

Oops.  Guess I got a little carried away there. . .

Okay, two more sources:
There are many references in Amnon Shiloah's *Jewish Musical Traditions*
(Detroit:  Wayne State Press, 1992) [Available through Tara]

Also, though this may be relatively obvious:  Hanoch Avenary's Encyclopedia
Judaica article ("Music," I believe) is excellent for providing biblical and
post-biblical sources on music (though, of course, not the early ones).
It's also long and quite good.

But then, this is from the musicological perspective.  Any texters out
there?

Judah.