Re: At the Kretchma (fwd)

Must be a different song. I agree with Lori on the chorus.

Dick
----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    Ron Caswell <ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com>
To:      World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Subject: Re: At the Kretchma
Date:    Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

That's funny...  I thought the chorus went more like this!

At the Kretchma, Kretchma Cabana
the hottest spot north of Havana
At the Kretchma, Kretchma Cabana
music and passion were always in fashion
At the Kretchma.... they fell in love

Lionel Mrocki <amrocks (at) optushome(dot)com(dot)au> wrote:
When I was just a wee lad, I learned a song from some guys in their
early 20's who had travelled to the US and learned it at a Hemshekh
camp. I believe it's called "At the Kretchma" and starts with the
lyrics...

When you hear Russian songs do you suffer,
Does your heart start to pound in your chest (yes, yes)
If it does then come down to the Kretchma
It costs plenty but it's from the best...

I've "Googled" for the complete lyrics but can't find them. Can someone
please supply them?

I've been told it's a Tom Lehrer song. Is that true?

--
Regards,

Lionel Mrocki

Visit <> for the latest information on
KLEZMANIA; Performance dates, Sound files, Photos and more.

Visit <>
to see our family.

 ___             ___                    _ _ | _ \___ _ _    / __|__ _ ____ __
_____| | ||   / _ \ ' \  | (__/ _` (_-< V  V / -_) | ||_|_\___/_||_|

[...]