Re: OT: Firebombing of Jewish Library in Canada

I exchanged e-mails with United Talmud Torahs today. They appreciate letters of
support and money is welcome too. They need books in English, French or Hebrew
- but please do not send any books before April 2. They need time to get the
library in order and install new shelves.

Michael

Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
Normally I will not send out mass mailings of non-Jewish music information,
but this is very important and any donations I am sure will be greatly
appreciated.0

7S
For those who have not heard, the library of the United Talmud Torahs of
Montreal (St.
Laurent campus) was firebombed on the first night of Passover.

The library collection of 10,000 trilingual items (English, Hebrew, French)
was destroyed.

The United Jewish Federation of Greater Toronto is starting a fund to
collect money to
purchase
new/replacement books.

For those who are interested in donating material directly to the school,
the address is

St Laurent Primaire,
2205 rue de l'Eglise,
St Laurent, Quebec
H4M 1G5.

There is more information on the school's website at http://www.utt.qc.ca/

Look at the Rebuilding our Library link.

Helen Katz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->