Re: Zog Nit Keyn Mol! Tikkun Toes

In my varied readings, it came in response to despondency resulting from the
arrest and death of Itzik Wittenberg, and was unconnected with the Warsaw
Ghetto Uprising. I will inquire further with a few experts and report back.

Sylvia Schildt
Baltimore Maryland

on 3/31/04 4:33 PM, David Kaufman at 73501(dot)3677 (at) compuserve(dot)com
wrote:

> Zog Nit Keyn Mol actually was inspired by the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.
> Apparently it was written the same day  that news reached Glick and others
> in Vilna of the uprising's start in Warsaw. So to call it Song of the
> Warsaw Ghetto Uprising is not inappropriate.
>
> David Kaufman
> 73501(dot)3677 (at) compuserve(dot)com
> Toronto, Ontario
>
> ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org