Folkways Jewish Recordings Now on CD

After much prodding, we have negotiated with the Smithsonian to let us
distribute their Jewish music collection on the Folkways label on Compact Disc!
Until now, you had to order them directly for a custom disc at a much higher
price.

Since these are not produced in mass, they will custom produce them for us in
generic packaging, however all CDs will include the original inserts that
were included with the original records when Folkways was owned by Moses Asch.

We just received 44 different titles from the collection including the entire
catalog of Yiddish recordings--songs as well as readings and poetry--all the
Ruth Rubin, Mark Olf, Chassidic, Raashe, Geula Gill/Ornim Zabar, Hillel &
Aviva, Sephardic/Ladino, cantorial  (including a David Kousseviztky recording)
and
other miscellaneous Folkways titles.

For the Passover collector, there are two CDs available from this collection;

1) "Yemenite Passover," recorded in a Yemenite home in 1953.

 2) "Chad Gadya" a collection of the many interpretations of this piece from
the various tradition Included are various interrelations in Yiddish, Aramaic,
Italian, Russian, Greek, Ladino, Arabic, and more.

Unfortunately, it will be a while before we can get these up on our web site,
however for those familiar with the Folkways catalog, please feel free to
PHONE me at 323) 655-7083 to place your orders or for any further information.

Thank You
Simon
Hatikavh Music
323) 655-7083