Re: Anniversary song

In a message dated 3/2/2004 7:13:03 AM Central Standard Time,
lorelecs (at) juno(dot)com writes:
Does anyone have the Yiddish words for "The Anniversary Song"
My uncle, Ben Aronin, z"l, wrote this translation.  If it is used or
recorded, I would request that credit to him be included.  Feel free to update
the
transliteration.

The Anniversary Song (translation by Ben Aronin)
Mayn teyer geliebte az ich tu a blik,
Oyf yenem zis ovend fun fraid un fun glik.
Di shteren in himel hobn lichtig ge-sheint,
Di licht in deine aigen dermont zich mich heint.

 CHORUS:
 Liebste, in hartzen meins bist du shoin lang,
 Vider her ich die molochims gezang,
 Vider ich murmul mein liebe tzu dir,
 Mayn liebe on a shir.

Di nacht iz feribber un bald hot geheint,
Der lichtig friemorgen azoi shoin vie haint.
Doch yener moment iz mit fiel yoren vayt,
Di liebe iz zis vi amolinger zayt.    CHORUS

My dear beloved, when I take a look (back),
At that sweet evening of joy and happiness,
The stars in the heaven shone brightly,
Today I recall the light in your eyes.

Beloved, you have been in my heart for such a long time,
Once again I hear the song of the angels,
Once again I murmur my love to you,
My love without limit.

The night passed and soon the bright morning
Shone as beautifully as it does today.
[Although] that moment is many years gone,
Love is as sweet as once upon a time.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->