Zog, maran

Khaveyrim,

A friend of mine told me that as she was singing "Zog, maran" (that she
had learned from my Passover album) to a friend, her Polish cleaning lady
came downstairs to say that was a tune her husband always sang.  I don't
know whether he had different words or just hummed the melody; I'm
checking on that.  Neither she nor her husband are Jewish.  The melody
was composed by Shmuel Bugatch, words by Avrom Reisin.  The question is
whether Bugatch "borrowed" a folk tune he had heard, or whether it is
merely similar to an Eastern European folk melody.  Perhaps someone more
conversant with Polish folk tunes than I can answer the question.

Lorele

You can hear clips from Lori's CDs at:
http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan
http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan2
http://www.cdbaby.com/nosband
Email me for purchase or buy at CD Baby or Hatikvah Music at:
http://www.hatikvahmusic.com

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!