Re: Yiddish Piano-Vocal collections (was: Yiddish poetry)

In a message dated 1/11/4 4:54:54 PM, SamWeiss (at) bellatlantic(dot)net writes:

<< "Sidor Belarsky Songbook" published by Queens College.  [This is not the
same as the somewhat less useful Belarsky book "My Favorite Songs".]  These
heartfelt settings are simpler than the Weiner material, and the
serviceable piano parts are not very ambitious, but they come with the
incomparable advantage of being able to hear Belarsky's interpretations of
them, scattered among his many recordings.  This book is hard to come by,

"Sidor Belarksy Songbook" is also available at Hatikvah Music. This
particular book contains 77 songs with piano accompaniment. Besides having the
phonetic
Yiddish lyrics running with the melody line, all lyrics are written out at
the back of the book in both Yiddish and phonetically...256 pages.
 We sell this book at $19.98 + shipping.

Belarsky also has three CDs, one of which consists of Holocaust songs.
These can be viewed on our site at:
www.hatikvahmusic.com/cgi-bin/browse.pl?action=search&search_for=belarsky

Hatikvah Music
323) 655-7083