upstate means upstate (MA vs. Hudson Valley gigs)

hi Dick,

I'm not talking about Boston (though as Dick may recall we had a fairly light
turnout in Cambridge once, on a July weeknight in 2000 I think). Seth was
asking about shows generally post-Sept 11th, no?  Upstate NY... as in Kingston
last month! not a terrible turnout, but not great: the producer missed getting
calendar items in some of the basic local listings & synagogues and also priced
out some of the market.  On the other hand, in summer 2002 at Caffe Lena, in
Saratoga with well-organized promotion, we had a packed house on a Tuesday
night in Saratoga when the club's not even usually open -- and it wasn't during
racing season either.

We've also had very nice turnouts at the Rosendale Cafe, very near Kingston,
but in a much  "better neighborhood"... and people know they can get a good,
reasonably priced meal there too.  these are all medium-sized venues, with
stages mainly just about big enough for Isle of Klezbos, but too small for the
full eight-piece Metro Klezmer to fit.
- e v e  s i c u l a r  -
drummer/bandleader
ISLE OF KLEZBOS &