Re: Annual Cantorial Concert

Sam,

I want you and the list to know that (although I didn't get to say hi after
the concert) I was only one of over 600 (yes, you read that right) people
who by my (pretty accurate, I think) count found their way to the concert
of 10 New Jersey cantors (5 men and 5 women).  (The price may have also
been an inducement.)

A highlight for me was certainly hearing you sing -- especially your
rendition of "A Story (Habeyn Yakir Li) without accompaniment.  I think
that this piece, performed without music or lyrics at hand, made much of
your considerable set of skills -- not only as a singer, but also as an
expressive communicator of Yiddish song and Hebrew liturgical music.

I've put next year's concert on my calendar.

Bob

Bear
> right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood. Broad Ave. will become Dana
Place.
> Take Dana Place to end. Make right onto E. Palisades Ave. At 3rd block
(on
> left) make left onto No. Woodland Street to end. Make right onto E.
Clinton