Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 2799

> Re: Katz's simcha time
> From:
> "Michel Borzykowski" <borzykowski (at) infomaniak(dot)ch>
> Date:
> Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:54:35 +0100
> To:
> World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>

>Lorenzo,
><snip>
>By the way, I looked again at the booklet's pictures: did MK always played
>on a (turkish?) metal clarinet ?
>
>Michal
>borzykowski (at) infomaniak(dot)ch
>Homepage AMJ: http://www.club-association.ch/amj
>Geneva klezmer page: http://borzykowski.users.ch

Michal, Mickey Katz did not play a Turkish clarinet.  I believe Turkish
metal clarinets are in "G".  Katz's clarinet was probably a Selmer Paris
metal Bb clarinet (silverplated brass) which were, and are, pro
instruments.   I'm only guessing that his was a Selmer, judging by the
ebony wood Selmers on the cover of "Puts On The Dog".
Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Steven Lederman
Liner Notes, "Greatest Schticks"