Chazan Zucker, England

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 23:37:43 +0100 (CET)
From: michael(dot)birnbaum (at) virgin(dot)net
To: chazzanut (at) xs4all(dot)nl
Subject: [CHAZON]

I would like to obtain information about my grandfather
Chazan Yitzchok Zav Zucker who died in January 1931
aged 41. He was my mother's father.

He came from Lodz and emigrated to England in about
1922. He served as a Chazan in Liverpool, Birmingham
and at Richmond Rd Synagogue, London. He was described
by the "Jewish Times" of 23 January 1931 as a
"brilliant chazan". In that report he was said to be a
friend of the choirmaster Professor Kutchinsky.

There is a family legend that he may have made some
records but I have never been able to trace them.

Any information on him would be very welcome.

Michael Birnbaum