Re: New CD-Abayudaya: Music from The Jewish People of Uganda

Hello there,

As the author of new,improvised and ethnic music heritage radio program
" Fonosenzus " with Radio Beograd 2  I would like to have on air Abayudaya :
Music From the Jewish People of Uganda , if possible at all.

Best,

Milenko Micanovic
Radio Beograd 2
Treci Bulevar 116/21
11070 Novi Beograd
Serbia & Montenegro

e mail:fonosenzus (at) yahoo(dot)com

Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
***New Release**On Sale $15.00-Includes Domestic Shipping*** New Release***

Abayudaya: Music From the Jewish People of Uganda
presents a unique collection of African - Jewish music in which the rhythms
and harmonies of Africa blend with Jewish celebration and traditional Hebrew
prayer. The repertoire is rooted in local Ugandan music and infused with rich
choral singing, Afro-pop, , and traditional drumming. the repertoire includes
lullabies, political and children's songs, religious rituals, hymns, and
celebratory music with song texts in Hebrew, English, and several Ugandan
languages.
this singular community of African people living committed Jewish lives has
survived persecution and isolation and asserts, "We have been saved by our
music."

The CD booklet includes a brief history of the Abayudaya Jews and includes
some photos. A rare look into a community that is now finally being recognized
by the Jewish world.

We are offering this CD at $15.00 and free shipping through the month of
October with all prepaid Visa & Mastercard order.
Thank You
Hatikvah Music
323) 655-7083