AAJ website/Masada/Rodriguez/Hubert Rostaing

Hi all...As some of you may have noticed the AllAboutJazz website has
been down due to a server crash for a few weeks. At this point most
things are up and functioning but some of the most recent articles have
been lost. They are being reconstructed and will re-appear,
unfortunately with new links, over the next few weeks. The British-Klez-
Jazz article that I wrote is back up with a new link. It is at:

 http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=453

You can also see a preview of the Zorn cover piece I did with him for
the September issue at:

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=457

I was at the Electric Masada concert last week at the tonic and it was
pretty incredible. It was followed by a midnight set (actually closer
to 1 am) of Roberto Rodriguez's Septeto with Krakman...which
rocked...Meg Okura is truly an incredible violinist....thanks to all
for their patience while things get up and running....but of course if
you are in NYC....or go to the .pdf files of the papers on the
site...you can always see a NYC paper that is friendly to Jewish Music
and its continued association with Jazz...Anyone go to the recent
Jewish Music in Jazz Time concert? Would love to know thoughts

In November's issue I will be reviewing the new Michael Brecker CD that
features Erik Friedlander on cello and Mark Feldman
violin/concertmaster...and a special feature on the Django festival
which will be at Birdland....I am listening to some Django and hear a
clarinetist named Hubert Rostaing...he played with Django a lot and I
think I hear a bit of klez/yiddish in his playing...especially on a cut
titled "rythme futur"...anyone know more about him?...Best to
All...Elliott