Re: Thoughts on ethnic music after reading certain recent posts

perhaps honesty is the wrong word....i was looking for a word to
describe it and came up with that one...i am not necessarily talking
about the performer's honesty...it is a grounding of the music in
something larger......a folk kind of thing perhaps....for example i
dont find much of this "grounding" in vegas style show music....it is a
roots thing...and of course the performer has to be good..but there is
a "soul" to ethnic music...that a good musician can tap into....elliott