Re: On and off topic: The next computer virus and Old/New World klezmer

Old world klezmer has always been one of the three (or however many) major
threads.  It would certainly characterize Andy Statman and Zev Feldman's late
1970s recording and performances.  The first Klezmorim album (1977) had a
European theme (they became jazzier only on the second) and even the first KCB
album
included a Solinski Romanian Fantasie.