Re: Taraf de Haidouk

Khevre,
I'm not qualified in Gypsy music, but I listened again to the CD and found
that the 6th tune 'A stork crosses the Danube / in the company of a raven'
(Barza nachlea a pai arachlieape la Ciora) contained more klezmer phrases
(parts from tunes like Philadelphia sher, Sherele...) than the 12th 'Little
Buds' (Mugur mugurel) that doesn't recollect me any Jewish song.

And if you allow me another question (more questions than aswers!): DO you
know any other common tunes between the gypsy / klezmer and klezmer arab
repertories? (Bessarabie, Miserlou...)

A sheynem dank!
Michal
borzykowski (at) infomaniak(dot)ch