Re: yiddish and jazz

In a message dated 9/4/3 10:08:07 PM, pinnolis (at) brandeis(dot)edu writes:

<< It's extraordinary to have Yiddish sung on a jazz station in a general

cultural setting a half century after 'Bei Mir Bist Du Schein' was a big hit.

That's enormous. And it says something about what we can bring with us into

the future,-- some from the past, some blended, and some newly created.

I just discovered a radio station that evidently plays mostly show
tunes--they play the Barry Sisters perfoming show tunes (Cabaret, Tea for Two,
Mame) in
YIDDISH

and so it goes........

Simon