Re: Tsena, Tsena

Seems to have been written as an Israeli hit song around 1950.  Text by
Yehiel Hagiz, music by Issachar Miron and Julius Grossman.  Later
attributions list Mitchell Parish instead of Grossman.  More recent
attributions simply list Issachar Miron.  (shades of Goldfarb/Gelbart...?)
Summer 1998 of Sing Out (Volume 43 #1) has an article on it, which I have
not seen.

At 05:30 PM 8/15/03, Eleanor Shapiro wrote:
>Can anyone provide me with background on the Israeli song Tsena, Tsena
>BEFORE it became a hit with the Weavers? -- who wrote it, when, where it
>was sung; how popular was it in Israel; was the history of the lyrics
>different from that of the melody--if so, background on both would be
>helpful.

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ