The Days of Awe: Two CD release events

I'm excited to announce that my new CD: The Days of Awe: Meditations for
Selichot, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur will be officially released on Thursday,
August 14.  This groundbreaking recording is the very first jazz holiday album
to focus exclusively on interpretations of music from the Jewish High Holy Day
repertoire.  Six of the tracks on the album are my arrangements of High Holy
Day prayers from the repertoire of the legendary Cantor, Yossele Rosenblatt.

Accompanying me on the album are members of The Afro-Semitic Experience and
Frank London of the Klezmatics.  It will be available on-line at several major
outlets including www.hatikvahmusic.com, www.cdbaby.com, and www.amazon.com.

To celebrate the release of this unique album there will be two concerts in the
coming weeks.

On Thursday, August 21,  12:00 p.m. I will be giving a free Concert at the
Chase Bank Building Plaza/City Hall Annex, 999 Broad Street, Downtown
Bridgeport, Connecticut.   The Afro-Semitic Experience will be palying music
from The Days of Awe and This Is The Afro-Semitic Experience.

Here's the link for those who need driving directions to this concert:

CHASE Summer Arts Series.
CHASE Plaza/City Hall Annex, Broad Street, Downtown Bridgeport

On Tuesday, August 26, at 9:00 p.m. I will be performing exclusively music from
The Days of Awe at The Space in Hamden, Connecticut.   Joining me for this one
time concert will be Frank London of the Klezmatics and Alvin Benjamin Carter,
Jr., Stacy Phillips, and other members of the Afro-Semitic Experience.

The Space is located at 295 Treadwell Street Building H in Hamden Ct,
203-288-6400

There are excellent driving instructions on their web site:

http://www.thespace.tk/

See you there.  Oh, and please let me know if you are in touch with any
synagogues or other organizations that would like to host a performance of this
very special repertoire during the period before and during Selichot.

B'Shalom,
David

P.S. Please forward this e-mail to anyone you think might be interested.
Thanks.  DC

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->