Re: Jewish Monk?

This should not be a surprise as author, composer and lyricist is Andy
Breckman.

-Sue Leventhal

In a message dated 7/23/2003 10:35:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com writes:

> Subj: Jewish Monk?

>  Date: 7/23/2003 10:35:17 AM Eastern Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com">wiener (at)
> mindspring(dot)com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org">jewish-music (at)
> shamash(dot)org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> Maybe it's my imagination, but does anyone else hear a "Jewish" strain in  <A
> HREF="http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/usa/monk/s2/jungleoutthere.rm&proto=dual";>
> "It's a Jungle Out There," the Season 2 Main Title Theme from Monk</A>* by
> Randy
> Newman?  Especially in the line
>
> If you paid attention, you'd be worried too
>
> <A
> HREF="http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/music.html";>http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/music.html</A>
>

> Think Torah trope by way of Fiddler on the Roof -- "If I Were a Rich Man"?
>
> Bob
>
> P.S. I could be more specific, but I'm curious as to whether any connection
> is apparent to others.

Sue Leventhal
Director, Artists Against Hunger & Poverty
Hungerthon and Special Events
World Hunger Year
505 Eighth Avenue, Suite 2100
New York, NY 10018