New York City, Lincoln Center, Damrosch Park, Tuesday, 7pm: Yiddish Fest Concert

Just a reminder to all the folks in the greater New York area:

                        The annual Workmen's Circle

YIDDISH FEST CONCERT

TUESDAY, JUNE 17th, at 7pm

at the Bandshell, Damrosch Park, Lincoln Center

    Join us for a wonderful evening of Yiddish song!

Adrienne Cooper, Frank London Klezmer All Stars, Michael Alpert Ensemble,
Joanne Borts, Re'ut Ben-Ze'ev, the Pripetshik Singers, One Ring Zero, and more!!

FREE !!! - - ALL ARE WELCOME !!!
(this information taken from the Golden Land website)
http://www.goldenland.com/events.htm

Here I would like to add two details about the above program.

First, per an email exchange with Michael Alpert, the "Michael Alpert
Ensemble" will feature German Goldenshteyn and another rubric for the band will
be:
"The Red Army Klezmer Band."  For those of you who are not familiar with
Bessarabian clarinetist German Goldenshteyn and his repertory, this event is a
golden opportunity to hear some very amazing klezmer music with some really
great
performers.

Concerning the  Pripetshik Singers, they are an inspiring group of young
people.  In fact it  may not be any exaggeration to assert that they are the
world's only all-Yiddish kids' travelling performing troupe.  Binyumen ("Ben")
Schaechter is the musical director and pianist for this talented bunch of kids.

This should be a very entertaining concert, and in my experience, it's best
to get there well before the 7pm start as seats vanish quickly.  But if you
like dancing in the aisles, perhaps that's no handicap!  In fact I read
somewhere
that there will be folk dancing as of 6pm, not exactly sure how that might
work with such a tremendous crowd of people.  Perhaps somebody on the list
knows
about this and can elaborate further.  Take the IRT 1/9 train to the 66th St.
stop.  Or think alphabet and take the A, B, C or D trains to 59th St,
Columbus Circle and see you on Tuesday!

Michael Spudic
Forest Hills, NY

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->