RE: Flashtanz

Anoth question for a work project I'm working on- and please don't laugh
at this.... :)

I am trying to design an exhibit on Jewish dance, naturally I want to
include the famous "bottle dance."  I did a web search about it and it
looks like the Yiddish word for this dance is "Flashtanz."  Is this
correct?

Here's the silly part... Does anyone know if the movie title
"Flashdance" (a word I don't recall actually appearing in the movie or
in the soundtrack) came from this Yiddish phrase?  It would be really
cool if it did, and I think kids might get a kick out of it (or adult
kids who watched Flashdance growing up...)

Thanks.

Katie Marcus
Program Coordinator
Jewish Life & Learning
Jewish Community Center of Metro Detroit
6600 West Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
(248) 432-5470
(248) 432-5552 (FAX)