Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 2608

Re: CDs duty and customs questions

Hi Teresa and all,

I too have gone the route of shipping my CDs before a tour, in my case, to
the Netherlands.  The duty and fees incurred were indeed very high, as you've
indicated, Teresa.

There was also a long (unforseen) delay while the shipment cleared customs.

In all, not a lot of fun.

An option, if your CDs are self-produced, is to have them duplicated in the
EU, then shipped within Europe.  I've used a very good German duplication
house for this, and it worked out great.

If you need a contact for this, please write to me off-list.

Jeff Warschauer