  From: Ruth Schwarz
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 4:37 PM
  Subject: it was quite an event! - 1. Kezmer-Dance-Workshop in Vienna, Austria

  1. Klezmer-Dance-Workshop in Vienna, Austria

  End of April we organised a Klezmer-Dance-Workshop in Vienna, Austria.
  Saturday and Sunday there were approx. 35 people dancing; Leon Blank from
Sweden was our danicing teacher (he regularly does Klezmer-Dance-Classes in
Cracow, Poland during the Festival for Jewish Culture), our musicians were
Isaak Loberan (accordion) and Kurt Edlmair (clarinet).
  After the workshop was a concert - more than 110
  people came, approx. 20 were dancing.

  We plan to organise a similar event next year - if you are interested, please
mail your address and I will inform you in time!
  - And if you are intersted in presenting a CD, doing a little concert, ...
please mail!

  Kind regards from Vienna!
  Ruth

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->