   Subject: Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 2594
   From: Warschauer (at) aol(dot)com
   Date: Sat, May 3, 2003 9:34 pm
   To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>

   Regarding Richard Farina: I've often wondered if Farina himself might
   have  been Sephardic.  It's just a pet theory of mine (with absolutely
   nothing to  back it up!) that I've had for years, since I first heard
   the song in  question.  I can't remember the name of his novel, but
   the hero is Greek, as  I remember.  If it's true that Farina was
   Sephardic, he could have learned  the song from family members.