  From: Fred Blumenthal
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 2:51 PM
  Subject: Rossini, Verdi and the Jews

  I'm sure I speak for others besides myself when I say that I'd be delighted
to read whatever Francesco Spagnolo would care to tell us about the
relationship among Rossini, Verdi and the Jews.  The attitudes of the famous
composers towards Jews is a subject of curiosity to me, and I'm sure to many
others, too.

  Pesach Sameach to all,

  Fred Blumenthal
  xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com