Re: Two Rather Random Questions

At 10:20 AM 4/9/03 -0400, Gavriel Bellino wrote:
>Greetings all.
>
>Can anyone advise me on the best, most readily available, recordings of
>"Mottelle" and "Af Bri" ? My interest is the influence of Nusach
>haTefillah (Cantorial Tradition) on Yiddish Folksong. Any further
>recommendations would be greratly appreciated.

This appears to have been a habitual object of study by Cantor Max Wohlberg,
founder and head of the JTS cantorial school's nusach department. He left some
unpublished articles on the topic that you may find here in his papers. Please
go to  http://www.jtsa.edu/library/archives/wohlberg.shtml for the finding aid
to his collection.

Dr. Eliott Kahn
Music Archivist
Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America
3080 Broadway
New York, NY 10027
WK: (212) 678-8076
FAX (212) 678-8998