Re: Yoselle Rosenblatt: Melech Elyon

Dear David,

In all Ashkenazi Rosh Hashanah machzorim that I have at
home, the third verse of the Melekh Elyon which appears
in the Mussaf section of the first day, reads:

"Melekh Elyon! Hamedabeir bitsdaka. Haloveish tsedaka,
hama'azin tze'akah, la'adei ad yimlokh!"

You were probably looking at the Melekh Elyon which
appears in the Shacharit section of the *second* day.
This one has an entirely different text.

If someone wants to add something about the Rosenblatt
melody, I'm interested as well.

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 i(dot)oppenheim (at) xs4all(dot)nl