Re: Pierre Bensusan?

on 3/17/03 5:48 PM, Seth Rogovoy at seth(dot)rogovoy (at) verizon(dot)net wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any Jewish content in the music of guitarist/composer
> Pierre Bensusan?

Hi Seth,

I've been listening to his work ever since his first LP and have been on the
faculty with him at the National Guitar Summer Workshop. I don't recall him
doing anything specifically Jewish theme, however Bensusan has used middle
eastern scales in a number of his pieces. There's a particularly "freygish"
sounding composition on his Spices album, I'd have to go check the title.

Seth

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com