RE: Yiddish Tango

Dear Alex,

>I recently read your post to the Jewish list,
>and have SO many questions. Please take the time
>to answer? I would appreciate it.

There are two Argentinian books that deal with the involvement of Jews in
tango: 'José Judkovski: El tango, una historia con judíos. Buenos Aires:
Fundación IWO, 1998' and 'Julio Nudler: Tango Judío, del gueto a la milonga.
Buenos Aires: Editorial Sudamericana, 1998'. They haven't yet been
translated to English. They can probably be obtained from the Argentinian
distributor "Store de la Cole", run by Mariana Arcusin, on
webmaster (at) webdelacole(dot)com(dot)

>4) Does "Por una cabeza" have any Jewish connection?
Not as far as I'm aware. To view the lyrics in Spanish & English go to
http://www.planet-tango.com/lyrics/porunaca.htm. Some more info on
www.todotango.com.

>5) wouldn´t Giora Feidman, then, be the perfect connection of klezmer to
tango?
He's already doing a programme of Tango-Klezmer, purely instrumental.

>Alex Jacobowitz

Un saludo tanguero,

Lloica