Pjotr Leschenko-Jewish? Tango!

Lloica Czackis wrote:

> Does anyone know if the Polish composer of tangos, foxtrots & romances
> Pjotr Leschenko was Jewish?

 I have received many comments after the "Tango Cd" posting, this one from
Bret Werb is most interesting.

Hi Simon: Leschenko wasn't Jewish but his two best tango writers Strok and
Marjanowski were.  Anyway: please reserve a copy of "Echoes" for me for
when I blow by next month.
I've done a lot of looking-up on Strok, who wrote the tango original (for
Leschenko) that became the Barry Sisters hit "vu ahin zol ikh geyn."  his
career turn is an interesting story. ( Bret Werb)

Hatikvah Music
323) 655-7083