Re: correction: Yechiel-Michl Guzikow

B"H Munich

To all those who have shown interest in
the topic, I´m surprised and pleased. And
thanks for your self-correction, Ari.

Actually, there are a lot of corrections that
need to be done here, so I might as well dive in.
For those of you who want clarification, please
feel free to contact me about this extremely
complex topic.

First, in Henry Sapoznik´s book, one of the
many false dates for Guzikow´s birth is cited.
The correct year of birth is 1806, which means
he died (1837) at the age of 31, not 28.

Second, his name is spelled in Polish as
Guzikow, and not Gusikow (the accepted German
spelling) or Guzikov. I´ve also seen Gusikoff,
and other variations, but will use Guzikow in
English.

Third, he was born Yechiel-Michl, and not
Michael-Joszef, Josef-Michl or any of the
other variations - Yossl, even. And in the
only letter that survived in his hand, he
signed it Yechiel-Michl (in Yiddish), two
years before his death.

a gite voch!

Alex Jacobowitz