Re: Last Word on Wagner?

Seems like folks named Alex have a tendency to get these things right.
Anti-Semitism was, of course, a major theme of our conference, too, which
brought scholars of Wagner's anti-Semitism together with music theorists in
what Gottfried Wagner, our keynote speaker, called a first of its kind.

You were also wise to quote Mark Twain.  If I may also, he said of Wagner's
music, It's better than it sounds!

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music