world without bodies

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to let you know of an exciting film showing March 7 on the U
of M Campus; the Twin Cities premiere of World Without Bodies, by Sharon
Snyder and David Mitchell, of the Department of Disability and Human
Development, University of Illinois-Chicago, who will be on hand to
provide commentary and answer questions.  World Without Bodies is a
documentary about the Nazi's T-4 project to exterminate people with
disabilities, an exercise in eugenics that began even before the
Jewish/Roma Holocaust.  The attached poster gives times, locations, and
sponsors.  Please feel free to make and post copies/forward in
cyberspace.  Admission is free, so if you're in the Twin Cities, please
plan to join us.

After the final showing, I'm planning a dinner in honor of our guest
filmmakers and other members of the Society for Disability Studies, who
will be joining me on a panel about film and disability at the Society
for Cinema and Media Studies, which meets this year in Minneapolis.
Among other things, we're interested in bringing together folks with
interest in disability studies and Jewish/Holocaust/German-Austrian
Studies, as well as those with special interest in film/media and
performance.

Dinner will be Dutch treat (my apologies to our Dutch friends) at a
restaurant and precise time tba.  Please let me know if you're planning
to come and if you have special dietary needs or require disability
accommodations, to assist in my making the reservation.

Hope to see you March 7 for this outstanding film.

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music