three cultures

hi, re the mention of Gerard Edery's concert in Geneva - ah, those Three
Cultures! I'm singing at a festival of the three cultures in Murcia ,
Spain, a few days later (May 6) , probably speaking at a Three Cultures
conference around that time, and various others over the years. The
fascinating thing is the assumption that everyone knows what "The Three
Cultures" are, as if there were no others. (In Valencia, they have
called them "The Three Religions", interesting to speculate on who says
"culture" and who says "religion", and why.)
We Canadians (Helen, do you agree?) have a hard time reducing things to
"three" cultures, but if someone were to refer to a cultural triad in
Canada, we'd probably assume they meant Anglophone, Francophone and
First Peoples and had simply forgotten about all the rest....
Judith