bus station music

hi, thanks for the link to the article on Mizrakhi music. Some years ago
in the "EthnoFolk Letters" column (which I'd invented) of the Canadian
Folk music Society Bulletin, I published a brief note on bus station
music and the effects on "musica cassetot" distribution of closing the
old Tel Aviv bus station and opening up a gleaming new one not conducive
to "musica kassetot" stands. I don't think it's on line, but can look
around if anyone likes. Actually, I remember the first ethnomusicology
conference I attended in Israel, in '88, and how daring and innovative a
serious paper on mizrakhi music was seen to be. Judith