Salutations of the Day, Redux

Sorry for that garbled message.  OK, then here's another few (hopefully
easier to read):

It may be that when the angels go about their task praising God, they play
only Bach.  I am sure, however, that when they are together en famille they
play Mozart.  (Karl Barth)

Before Mozart, all ambition turns to despair. (Charles Gounod)

Mozart’s music is particularly difficult to perform.  His admirable clarity
exacts absolute cleanness: the slightest mistake in it stands out like black
on white.  It is music in which all the notes must be heard. (Gabriel Faure)

I never heard so much content in so short a period.  (Pinchas Zukerman)

I my dreams of heaven, I always see the great Mozart gathered in a huge hall
in which they are reside. Only Mozart has his own suite.  (Victor Borge)

Mozart’s joy is made of serenity, and a phrase of his music is like a calm
thought; his simplicity is merely purity.  It is a crystalline thing in which
all the emotions play a role, but as if already celestially transposed.
Moderation consists in feeling emotions as the angels do. (Andre Gide)

Mozart said profound things and at the same time remained flippant and
lively. (Michael Kennedy)

Mozart is the greatest composer of all. Beethoven created his music, but the
music of Mozart is of such purity and beauty that one feels he merely found it
—that it has always existed as part of the inner beauty of the universe
waiting to be revealed.  (Albert Einstein)

Lengthy immersion in the works of other composers can tire.  The music of
Mozart does not tire, and this is one of its miracles.  (George Snell)

Mozart combines serenity, melancholy, and tragic intensity into one great
lyric improvisation.  Over it all hovers the greater spirit that is
Mozart’s—
the spirit of compassion, of universal love, even of suffering--a spirit that
knows no age, that belongs to all ages.  (Leonard Bernstein)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->