those lists, and the BMU proposed ban

By the way, I have been told several times that the vast majority of
these "sign here to avoid a war" type lists are entirely useless, and
that they serve mostly to collect names and addresses to add to SPAM
mailing lists.

Sandra's report , I see, is worded rather differently from the
Wiesenthal Centre letter - rather than "all Israeli musicians" banned,
it specifies "those sent as representatives of Israel". So that would
take care of the possibility that Arab and/or Palestinian musicians who
are Israeli citizens might be included in the ban, and in fact,
ludicrous and immoral though it is, it's much harder to fight than "all
Israeli musicians".
When an Israeli musician performed in MAdrid last spring, he played at
the Israeli Ebassy first but then the folk club he played at afterwards,
to a capacity audience,  refused to advertise him as "Israeli", citing
security reasons, and advertised him as "Mediterranean".

Judith