Re: Klezmatics in Los Angeles?

According to an ad in this week's Jewish Journal, and a flyer we recently recieved, the Klezmatics will be playing on Sunday, December 22 at 3pm at Temple Israel of Hollywood, 7300 Hollywood Bl., as part of the Nimoy Concert Series, "Klezmer to Klassics," which appears to be produced by the LA Jewish Symphony. Call the Symphony at (310)478-6332 for tickets.

Also, Bucovina Klezmer will be playing at the closing ceremonies of "The Art of Yiddish," the third annual Los Angeles Winter Yiddish Intensive at UCLA, on Saturday night, December 21. (www.yiddishinstitute.org) Can anyone tell me who Bucovina Klezmer is? (I guess I'll find out on Saturday.)

-Claire, who appears to have answered her own question about klezmer in LA...

>From: Sefirah
>To: World music from a Jewish slant
>Subject: Klezmatics in Los Angeles?
>Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:26:52 -0800
>
>This is primarily to respond to Claire's post, but also to
>confirm...
>
>I've noticed the Klezmatics are supposed to be playing here in L.A.
>next weekend, but it wasn't mentioned here, so I don't exactly know
>if it's a sure thing. That's the only upcoming Klezmer concert I
>have heard about recently.
>
>Is this a confirmed show?
>
>Jill
>
>---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
>---------------------+
>Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service
>of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an
>online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/
>
>MyJewishLearning.com, The Personal Gateway to Jewish Exploration
>Officially launches:
>http://MyJewishLearning.com/index.htm?source=shamash
>---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ MyJewishLearning.com, The Personal Gateway to Jewish Exploration Officially launches: http://MyJewishLearning.com/index.htm?source=shamash ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->