klezmer in Los Angeles

Hi, list,

I know there were some posts about klezmer (or was it Jewish music in general?) in the Los Angeles area last year, when I first signed on to this list, but I didn't have time to read any of them or storage space to save them ... and now I find myself back home in LA and wanting to know what they said!

A search of the Shamash list archives did not turn up much. Does anybody know where I'd find these messages, or would anybody care to give me any updates on the L.A. klezmer scene? (I know that, sadly, the Knitting Factory stopped having their klezmer brunches.)

Thanks!

Claire

co-founder of Klezmont (the first and only klezmer band in Southern California's Inland Empire), and brief member of the Columbia Klezmer Band

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ MyJewishLearning.com, The Personal Gateway to Jewish Exploration Officially launches: http://MyJewishLearning.com/index.htm?source=shamash ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->