Klezbos for Hanuka: Park Slope-Bklyn (& Purchase NY!)

ISLE OF KLEZBOS powerhouse all-gal klezmer sextet ~Hanuka Shows!

THURSDAY, DEC. 5th - Back to Brooklyn
Klezbos play Park Slope's Congregation Kolot Chayeinu
7pm to 9pm:  two music sets!!
& twilight Hanuka party too (5pm - 6:45pm, pre-show)
incl. latkes, singing, lighting menorahs ~ b.y.o. menorah+candles
and giving tsedakah to Justice Works*...info below
1012 Eighth Ave btwn 10th & 11th St's
one block from the F-train 7th Ave stop's 8th Ave stairways
$15/adult, $12/student+senior w. ID, $5/children, FREE for kids under 6
tkt discounts, groups of 10 or +:  718-499-8596 thandi_e (at) hotmail(dot)com
The 7th Night of Hanuka = "Chag Habanot" (Holiday of the Girls & Women)
as celebrated by some Sephardic Jewish communities; all welcome!

*Tsedakah info:  You can bring the following items in sealed wrappings
to donate to Justice Works, a group that advocates for women in prison:
toiletries... alcohol-free shampoo, conditioner, soaps, and lotions
To learn more, go to www.justiceworks.org

Congregation Kolot Chayeinu ("Voices of Our Lives") is located in the
building which also houses the Church of Gethsemane

WEDNESDAY, DEC. 4th - SUNY Purchase College!
Hanuka show sponsored by Hillels of Westchester
9:00pm - 10:30pm ~ Two music sets
on the campus in Purchase, NY
info:  914-251-6498

Brand-new sneak preview CD's on sale now ~ just $10!
including studio material for our '03 release + live bonus tracks
(at shows or by mail order from the band only; check our website,
www.metropolitanklezmer.com OR contact us directly:
info (at) metropolitanklezmer(dot)com & 212-475-4544
... "Greetings from the Isle of Klezbos" t-shirts too!)

Online, find "Mosaic Persuasion" & "Yiddish For Travelers" CDs
at cdbaby.com, amazon.com, and many more.  In Tower,
Virgin, World Music and Judaica stores/sections too.

Happy Hanuka everyone!
-  Metropolitan Klezmer & Isle of Klezbos
www.metropolitanklezmer.com
sicular (at) aol(dot)com
tel:  212-475-4544
fax: 212-677-6304