Re: Request (Zebra/Pyjamas)

At 06:00 PM 10/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>We got this question and thought someone on the list might know the answer.
>If anyone does, please let us know.
>
>Have you guys ever heard of an Israeli children's
>song by someone named Ayin (sp?) Hillel about a
>zebra with the words Pajamama ....
>It contains the months of the Jewish calendar as
>part of the song

You are looking for "Why Does the Zebra Wear Pyjamas?"

The hebrew song can be heard on Geula Gill's "40 Golden Hits Sung in Hebrew."

I posted about this, and herewith are the english lyrics. Credit for the
email is at the bottom.

Dear Ed,
Yes, this is a children's song. Music by Dov Seltzer and words by Ayin
(the Hebrew letter) Hillel.

Who knows why the zebra wears pyjamas?

Because - on Sunday morning, the zebra woke up and took off her PJs,
and got dressed in pants and a shirt.
Right away she felt that she wasn't satisfied
and quickly put on her pjs.

On Monday morning, the zebra woke up and took off her PJs,
and happily got dressed in exercise clothes.
But, oh, she quickly caught "laziness sickness"
and quickly put on her pjs.

On Tuesday morning,  the zebra woke up and took off her PJs,
and with greast trouble, tried on her overalls.
But they were hot and not comfortable
and she quickly put on her pjs.

On Wed. morning, the zebra woke up and took off her PJs,
and happily put on her bathing suit.
But , oh, no, she got sea sick,
and quickly put on her pjs.

On Thurs. morning, the zebra woke up and took off her PJs,
and stood and tried on a ruffled dress.
But immediately, even before she got used to it,
she quickly put on her pjs.

On Erev Shabbat, the zebra woke up, but before she took off her pjs
she sat and thought, is it worth it for only one day
to go to all that trouble to wear her Shabbat dress.
She sat and thought, and thought.....
until Motsa'ei Shabbat.

And since then, no one asks why the zebra wears pjs!

Enjoy!

Ryna Kedar
Head, Acquisitions & Cataloging Division
The Felicja Blumental Music Center & Library
Tel-Aviv, Israel