Re: FW: Music Question -- Nigun Bialik

This a classic Hassidic nigun.  It appears in Volume X of Idelshon's
"Thesaurus" (published in 1931) without any title or commentary, simply as
Nigun #65.  The association of this melody with Ch. N. Bialik is due to its
being a favorite at the Oneg Shabbat cultural sessions which he presided
over some time after settling in Tel-Aviv in 1924.  Apparently the name
"Nigun Bialik" had not yet caught on by the time Idelsohn made his
compilation.  It does appear by that title in Harry Coopersmith's 1942
collection "Songs of Zion," and probably in earlier sources earlier as well.
Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ