Re: Hatikvah, was Order of National Anthems

Any chance of reproducing the verses here?  At this date there shouldn't be
any problem with copyright.

Fred Blumenthal
xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com

                      Lori Cahan-Simon

                      <l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh        To:       World music
from a Jewish slant
                      .org>                       <jewish-music (at)
shamash(dot)org>
                      Sent by:                   cc:

                      owner-jewish-music@        Subject:  Re: Hatikvah, was
Order of National Anthems
                      shamash.org

                      09/11/2002 03:14 PM

                      Please respond to

                      jewish-music

Lori Cahan-Simon wrote:
      Interesting that this comes up now.  I have just been asked to find
      all the many verses of Hatikvah in Hebrew.  It was thought that there
      are about 12.

      By the way, I have a little, brittle, very old (1910?) songbook of
      songs about "Palestine", called Tsiyoyn's harfe, which has 5 verses
      of the yidish version -- Di hofnung (The Hope).

      Lorele

      Bob Wiener wrote:
            Hatikvah:
            Pardon me for asking this rudimentary question, but some
            website I came
            across put the answer in doubt.  In my haste to ask my sister's
            question, I
            didn't research the answer to this question first.

            I do have a number of recordings of Hatikvah.  One of them, by
            Jolson, has
            different (pre-State?) lyrics.  The girls are going to sleep
            (finally) so I
            can't check them right now.

            Bob