Re: WW 1 chicago/midwest klezmer bands?

Judging from the addresses I think there is a good chance that the city was
Philadelphia.  Henry Sapoznik mentions addresses of some of the yiddish
theatres in Philadelphia in his wonderful book,  "Klezmer: Jewish Music
from Old World to Our World" which you might want to check out.  Currently
reading the book. It's a very fun read along with being highly informative.

Good luck.

Gwynne