Re: Fw: water closet accordionists

This is a thread of considerable interest as my wife plays
English concertina, in a Klezmer, among other, context.
Did Josh's article (on GM) as mentioned in threads from
2000 ever come out in print?
Or is his just posted bio "it". Also, can Josh or someone
tell me how I met get to hear the recordings of Klezmer on
the English concertina by GM? Oh, and I zipped out to my
local store at lunch yesterday and LO! they had the Verve
Terry Gibbs re-release! (It's a pretty cool store) It's a
fun listen, not only do they not mix the Klez and Jazz
directly, he even used two rhythm sections on most tunes, a
"Jazz" and a "Klezmer" switching off in the middle! But
high level music all around, although a bit short length.
(about 36 min). I guess they didn't dig up any "lost
tracks"! (I know, I know, you can't buy music by the
pound...)

--On Wednesday, August 07, 2002 5:44 PM -0600 Helen Winkler