Re: Errors in Beregovski "Jewish Instr. Folk Music"

In a message dated 7/6/02 11:09:12 AM, ari (at) ivritype(dot)com writes:

<< >1.  I may have missed it, but nowhere in the book do I find a reference
>the fact that ALL the transcribed pieces have been transposed to the key of
>G.  If this is mentioned, it is not prominent enough or in an appropriate
>place because many people have been surprised when I pointed out this fact.

Just a quick response to the first point Kurt is making: I found that the
mention of the transcribing of all tunes into the key of G was readily seen.
Certainly, by looking at each tune one very quickly should surmise SOMETHING
is up. But if that didn't occur to the reader at first sight then the mention
of the transcription was actually quite apparent to me.

There are indeed many many errors which are also quite obvious and it would
have been ever so nice if there weren't quite as many. No reason to have had
to question so many places. I'm going to take a look at Kurt's list and add
to it when I have time. Thanks for the great start, Kurt, as this takes more
time to write down then to simply correct in a performance!
Adrianne